NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Safe Handling of Medication in Health and Social Care
What does the qualification cover?
This knowledge-only qualification is designed for learners wishing to develop their
understanding of the safe handling of medication.
It provides the knowledge and understanding of:
* Different types of medication and their use
* The procedures for obtaining, storing, administering and disposing of
* Legislation and the audit process related to medication and issues of
responsibility and accountability
* The record keeping process for medication.
Who is it suitable for?
Anyone who wants to work in social care in either local authority or private care environments.
What are the entry requirements?
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements
How many credits are required to complete it?
The Award requires 15 credits.
How is it assessed?
It will be assessed by your Skills Coach using a range of methods. This could include direct observation in the workplace, a portfolio of evidence, written assignments or a task.
Do you need to be working to take the qualification?
To complete the Award you do not need to be working as it is a knowledge only qualification.
How long does it take to complete?
You can usually complete it in 6 months or less.
What related qualifications can you progress to?Level 2 and 3 Diplomas in Health and Social Care (Adults)
* Level 2 and 3 Diplomas in Clinical Healthcare Support
* Level 2 and 3 Certificates in Preparing to Work in Adult
* Intermediate and Advanced Level Apprenticeships in Health
and Social Care
* Intermediate and Advanced Level Apprenticeships in Clinical
Which type of job roles can you apply for on completion?
This qualification does not qualify you to work but
does support you in moving towards employment in health
or health and social care.
Funding for our qualifications
Find out more about funding for this and other qualifications, click on the link to the Workforce Development.
Please contact a member of our team on, 01244 344 322, firstname.lastname@example.org or call into Richmond Training Office, Unit 9, Rossmore Business Village, Inward Way, Ellesmere Port, CH65 3EY
Back to Qualifications