First aid covers a multitude of skill sets and responses to many medical situations. Its primary aim, is to provide immediate medical care and treatment that will either resolve the situation (in less serious ‘everyday’ cases) or provide an essential short-term emergency stop-gap until professional medical assistance is in place.
The aim of this course is to equip you with the theoretical knowledge, skills and confidence you need to deal with paediatric first aid situations. It covers all of the key topics including: emergency planning, assessing a situation, basic Life Support, CPR, shock, fractures, bleeding and a range of other minor illness and injuries.
Please be aware that having a theoretical knowledge on its own is not enough to be considered competent in paediatric first aid and practical demonstration in some areas is required to complete this training. Please contact us to arrange this.
Paediatric first aid is a skill that would be useful for anyone that works with children and infants.
This includes those working in nursery, school and pre-school environments, as well as professional childminders, club leaders and sports coaches.
Although it can sometimes be difficult in what are often emotionally-charged circumstances, First Aiders need to remain as calm and objective as possible, especially when there is a medical emergency. Having the training and knowledge to deal with the situation effectively The online format allows you to progress through the modules at your own speed, and at times when it’s convenient for you to absorb the information.
There are a lot of courses in our health and social care suite that would make great follow ups to this course. The main one for people starting out in the early years sector would be Introduction to the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Additionally the courses covering Epilepsy Awareness and Diabetes Awareness would complement this course as they go into more detail about these conditions.
- 1 Introduction to Paediatric First Aid 70% Pass Required
- 2 Planning and Preparation 70% Pass Required
- 3 Essential First Aid Knowledge and Skills 70% Pass Required
- 4 Basic Life Support 70% Pass Required
- 5 Fractures and Head Injuries 70% Pass Required
- 6 Shock, Bleeding and Dressing Wounds 70% Pass Required
- 7 Specific Medical Conditions 70% Pass Required
- 8 Minor Injuries 70% Pass Required
- 9 First Aid Documentation and First Aid Kits 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 115 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).