If you are part of a team responsible for people’s nutrition and hydration, it’s important that you understand the terms that are being used, the nutritional requirements of the service users and the possible consequences of getting it wrong.
This course will start by defining the various terms used when talking about nutrition and hydration in care environments, the basic elements of nutrition and eating a healthy balanced diet, identify the reasons why vulnerable people might suffer with dehydration and the tools you can use to identify people that are at risk of malnutrition and the steps you can take to deal with this condition.
- 1 The Course Structure 70% Pass Required
- 2 Defining the Terms 70% Pass Required
- 3 The Eatwell Plate 70% Pass Required
- 4 Hydration 70% Pass Required
- 5 Through-life Nutrition 70% Pass Required
- 6 Malnutrition and Overnutrition 70% Pass Required
- 7 The ‘Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool’ 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 65 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).