This course describes in detail the many facets and procedures of the Mental Capacity Act. This includes who the act affects, when it applies, how to assess capacity and the procedures that can be put in place in the home or workplace to ensure best practices are followed and people are treated fairly at all times.
It also introduces the deprivation of liberty safeguards. These safeguards provide a framework for approving the deprivation of liberty for people who lack the capacity to consent to treatment or care in either a hospital or care home setting.
- 1 Introduction 70% Pass Required
- 2 What is the Mental Capacity Act? 70% Pass Required
- 3 Assessing Capacity 70% Pass Required
- 4 The Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 75 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).