Infection prevention and control measures aim to ensure the protection of those who might be vulnerable to acquiring an infection…. Ok but why is this important?
Well every year at least 300,000 people develop a Health Care Associated Infection. This has a huge impact on the patient, the staff and the institution it occurs in. Whereas if there is good infection prevention and control, patients will have better health and more independence.
This course will start by defining infection prevention and control and explaining the impact of good and bad infection control. It then goes into detail about, the legislation that applies to infection control, the different types of microorganisms, how bacteria are transmitted, the chain of infection, and much more.
- 1 The course structure 70% Pass Required
- 2 Infection prevention and control, and the impact of infection 70% Pass Required
- 3 The different microorganisms 70% Pass Required
- 4 How bacteria are transmitted 70% Pass Required
- 5 The Chain of Infection 70% Pass Required
- 6 The control and prevention of infection 70% Pass Required
- 7 Cleaning & Decontamination 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 60 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).