Our display screen equipment courses are aimed at users of display screen equipment (DSE) and those responsible for assessing display screen equipment. A ‘user’, is anyone who regularly uses display screen equipment for a significant part of their normal work. In practice, if you use display screen equipment continuously for more than one hour a day, then you’re a ‘user’.
So what do we mean by display screen equipment?
The first thing most people think of is a computer monitor. But that’s not the only thing it refers to Display screen equipment could also mean laptops, tablet PCs, televisions, smartphones, CNC control pads, portable diagnostic screens or equipment containing cathode ray tubes, or CRTs.
The Health and Safety (Display Screen Equipment) Regulations contain special directives covering DSE safety. Both employers and employee‐users have responsibilities under the legislation.
This course fulfils your statutory training obligations and covers among other things, the correct way to set up and use your display screen equipment safely. Reducing the risk of work related conditions.
- 1 Introduction 70% Pass Required
- 2 Legislation 70% Pass Required
- 3 Protecting Your Body 70% Pass Required
- 4 Adjusting Your Chair 70% Pass Required
- 5 Adjusting Your Screen 70% Pass Required
- 6 Work Arrangements 70% Pass Required
- 7 Adjusting the Layout of Your Workstation 70% Pass Required
- 8 Adjusting Your Work Environment 70% Pass Required
- 9 Risk Assessment Overview 70% Pass Required
- 10 Principles of Sensible Risk Management 70% Pass Required
- 11 Key Health and Safety Legislation 70% Pass Required
- 12 DSE Hazards and Risks 70% Pass Required
- 13 DSE Assessments 70% Pass Required
- 14 Control and Prevention Strategies 70% Pass Required
- 15 Practical Element 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 110 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off.
It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).