CPD & Laser awards Approved
The alcohol licensing laws of the United Kingdom regulate the sale and consumption of alcohol. Any organisation, business or individual who wishes to sell alcohol must have a licence. This is obtained from a Licensing Authority.
This course starts with an overview of UK alcohol licensing laws and the importance of promoting the four key licensing objectives.
The three main types of licence are covered, including applications, conditions, representations, and reviews.
You’ll learn about the legal duties of personal licence holders, and how to deal with Licensing Authorities, along with information relating to objections, fees and hearings.
The course will also discuss issues surrounding Temporary Event Notices, and mandatory conditions, which are compulsory for all licensed premises.
It’ll also look in detail at the major issue of age verification – and you’ll learn about the licensing laws and best practices as they apply to children and under 18s.
Finally, it outlines the responsibilities involved in alcohol retailing including drinking guidelines and how to avoid and reduce conflict.
Anyone working in, or wanting a career in the hospitality industry who wants to open up promotion opportunities or to move into a role that requires a personal licence.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost-effective, so candidates can progress through the modules at their own pace, in their own time, making it easy to fit the training around their work
and personal life.
Other courses that would be useful for candidates taking this one include; Drug Awareness, Conflict Management and Leadership skills.
- 1 Introduction 70% Pass Required
- 2 Premises Licences 70% Pass Required
- 3 Personal Licences and Club Premises Certificates 70% Pass Required
- 4 Dealing With Licensing Authorities 70% Pass Required
- 5 Types of Businesses Selling Alcohol 70% Pass Required
- 6 Representations and Mandatory Conditions 70% Pass Required
- 7 Licensing Authority Powers 70% Pass Required
- 8 Children and Under 18s 70% Pass Required
- 9 Responsibility in Alcohol Retailing 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 90 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).