The alcohol licensing laws of the United Kingdom regulate the sale and consumption of alcohol. It is important for anyone working in licensed premises to have a basic understanding of these laws and how they apply to them.
This course starts with an overview of UK alcohol licensing laws and the importance of the four key licensing objectives.
The course will also discuss mandatory conditions, which are compulsory for all licensed premises and looks in detail at the major issue of age verification.
Finally, it outlines the responsibilities involved in alcohol retailing including drinking guidelines and how to avoid and reduce conflict.
Anyone working in licensed premises. This course could be included as part of the induction process or used to further enhance existing staff’s understanding of their responsibilities.
Online training is flexible, efficient and cost-effective, so candidates can progress through the modules at their own pace, in their own time, making it easy to fit the training around their work and personal life.
Other courses that would be useful for candidates taking this one include; Drug Awareness and Conflict Management.
- 1 Introduction 70% Pass Required
- 2 Premises Licences 70% Pass Required
- 3 Personal Licences and Club Premises Certificates 70% Pass Required
- 4 Dealing With Licensing Authorities 70% Pass Required
- 5 Types of Businesses Selling Alcohol 70% Pass Required
- 6 Representations and Mandatory Conditions 70% Pass Required
- 7 Licensing Authority Powers 70% Pass Required
- 8 Children and Under 18s 70% Pass Required
- 9 Responsibility in Alcohol Retailing 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 60 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).