Learning disabilities, however they are acquired, are lifelong. They are neurological disabilities and as such affect how an individual understands and remembers information, how they learn and communicate. People can be born with learning disabilities or they may acquire them later in life.
There are many differing types of learning difficulty and they can exhibit in many different ways and with many different characteristics.
This course will start by giving you an overview of some of the common types and causes of learning disabilities and how they affect people. It will touch on how a person centred approach to care will get the best results and look at how management must perform, and at the needs of the individual.
It will also discuss overcoming the stigma attached to learning disabilities and much more.
- 1 Introduction 70% Pass Required
- 2 Learning Disabilities: the Basics 70% Pass Required
- 3 New Understanding 70% Pass Required
- 4 Person-centred Approach 70% Pass Required
- 5 Meeting Needs – Part 1 70% Pass Required
- 6 Meeting Needs – Part 2 70% Pass Required
- 7 Meeting Needs – Part 3 70% Pass Required
- 8 Legal Framework, Opportunities and Safeguarding 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 50 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).