Every day, thousands of people are exposed to situations where they are left alone in work premises, or when visiting members of the public during their working day.
There are many risks associated with working in isolation and without the support of colleagues, including accidents and violence.
This course acts as an introduction to personal safety for lone workers and applies to those that work alone within business premises, mobile workers and homeworkers.
It covers the legal responsibilities of both employers and employees, some of the common security precautions that can be implemented, practical steps you can take to avoid conflict in lone worker situations and other elements that can contribute to lone worker safety.
- 1 Lone Worker Personal Safety: The Basics 70% Pass Required
- 2 The Law: Responsibilities 70% Pass Required
- 3 Assessing the Risks 70% Pass Required
- 4 Personal Safety Solutions 70% Pass Required
- 5 Practical Tips to Avoid Conflict 70% Pass Required
- 6 Reporting and Recording Incidents 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 45 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).