Dementia is used to describe the symptoms that occur when the brain is affected by specific diseases and conditions. Dementia is a chronic progressive problem of cognition – which is failure of the brain’s functions. IT affects people at different stages of life, it affects different parts of the brain and it affects it at different speeds.
This course is intended to give you an overview of the common types and symptoms of dementia as well as going into how it can affect the brain in different ways. It also covers strategies to use with clients with dementia and dealing with challenging behaviour. The course is intended for anyone who works with or around people that may be suffering with dementia.
- 1 What Is Dementia? 70% Pass Required
- 2 The Brain 70% Pass Required
- 3 Types of Dementia 70% Pass Required
- 4 Strategies to Use with Clients with Dementia, and Dealing with Challenging Behaviour 70% Pass Required
Recommended System Requirements
- Browser: Up to date web browser
- Video: Up to date video drivers
- Memory: 1Gb+ RAM
- Download Speed: Broadband (3Mb+)
Duration: 25 minutes (Note: This is based on the amount of video content shown and is rounded off. It does not account in any way for loading time or thinking time on the questions).